Committee Secretarial & Governance Support
The skill level of the Chair is the number one factor that influences the effectiveness of a committee. Without effective leadership, committees significantly under-perform.
However, an excellent Chair is not enough to get the absolute best out of their valuable think tank. Chairs who achieve maximum effectiveness are always backed by committee-specific administrative expertise.
Anne Pike is My Secret EA: an Independent Committee Specialist who raises the effectiveness of committees through dedicated and targeted secretarial support and working with the Chair to:
- ensure everyone arrives at meetings fully informed and ready to make decisions
- run a tight and meaningful outcomes-based agenda that makes the most of everyone’s time
- take clear and accurate minutes that are circulated promptly
- stay on top of the actions register, helping members to honour their commitments
- maintain the documents critical to good committee governance (charters, TORs, policies, etc)
- implement and maintain cloud-based and paperless meeting management systems for committees
If you are a forward-thinking Chair on a mission to lead your team to achieve its goals we would be delighted to hear about your specific areas of need and what you hope to achieve.